The Library has a variety of eSources available for you! Esources are similar to websites; they are the host for specific information that you can access through a computer or smart device. Once you have accessed an eSource, you can search for information specifically designed for said eSource. For instance, if you wanted to buy something, you may want to look into utilizing ConsumerReports.org, which allows you access to insights for pricing items before purchasing them. Esources, such as ConsumerReports.org and others, give reliable information you can count on.
The eSources the Library currently subscribes to are:
- Access World News - Periodicals & Newspapers
- Ancestry Library Edition (In-Library Use Only) - Genealogy
- Bartlett Examiner - Periodicals & Newspapers
- Chicago Sun-Times - Periodicals & Newspapers
- Chicago Tribune Historical (1849-1987) - Periodicals & Newspapers
- ConsumerReports.org - Business, Consumer & Finance
- Flipster - Periodicals & Newspapers
- Freegal - Books & Media
- HeritageQuest Online - Genealogy
- Hoopla - Books & Media
- Morningstar Investment Research Center - Business, Consumer & Finance
- NoveList K-8 Plus - Books & Media
- NoveList Plus - Books & Media
- OverDrive - Books & Media
- Record Information Services - Government & Community Resources
- TumbleBook Library - Books & Media
- World Book Online Reference Center - Reference
The Library also has lists of Helpful Websites in the following categories:
- Books & Media
- Business, Consumer & Finance
- Employment Assistance
- Government & Community Resources
- Periodicals & Newspapers
- Science, Technology & Health
- Senior Information
What do I need to access the eSources?
To access the eSources, you must have a valid Bartlett Public Library District Card. You will need your barcode and password. Unless you changed it, your password is a default we set for you. It’s a 4-digit PIN, based on your birthday. It’s the two numbers of your birth month, and the LAST two digits of your birth year. So if you were born in April of 1973, your password would be 0473.
How do I access and use the eSources?
ACCESS FROM THE LIBRARY
Go to the Library's website at www.bartlettlibrary.org, under Research & Learning, click eSources & Helpful Websites.
ACCESS FROM HOME
- Go to the Library's website at www.bartlettlibrary.org, under Research & Learning, click eSources & Helpful Websites.
- Enter your username or barcode & password and click Log In.
- Click on an eSource Category (see above on where to find eSources).
- Click on desired eSource or website.